This is a new website from the Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia. It covers all – or rather more likely, most substances that are inhaled for their mind-altering effects.
I have only had a cursory look and most things seem to be covered. petrol is there, but there seems to be no easy way to find OPAL unleaded after it has been run through poly-styrene to try and give it some aromatics.
Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Needs of Indigenous People
Darren Garvey is currently a lecturer for the Aboriginal Health Unit at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies, Curtin University of Technology.
His review looks at different aspects of the social and emotional wellbeing of Indigenous Australian people and places it into an Australian context. He covers major research findings and interventions with Aboriginal people. Social and Emotional wellbeing looks more at mental health, rather than mental illness. It’s a 29 page referenced review (which I am still reading). I consider this to be essential reading if you work in indigenous health, particularly mental health.
Podcasts from the Cochrane Library
Does life get any better than this. Cochrane Reviews on the MP3 player. It beats the last poetry reading you went to hands down! I have only listened to one. I am saving them up until I pick up a new MP3 player. My last one bit the dust after a couple of years of bouncing around on dirt tracks.
There are a number of reviews available. From the site:
– Acupuncture and assisted conception
– Blood pressure lowering efficacy of angiotensin receptor blockers for primary hypertension
– Blood pressure lowering efficacy of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors for primary hypertension
– Blood pressure lowering efficacy of renin inhibitors for primary hypertension
– Hospital at home versus in-patient hospital care
– Increased police patrols for preventing alcohol-impaired driving
– LHRH agonists for adjuvant therapy of early breast cancer in premenopausal women
– Mouthrinses for the treatment of halitosis
– Mupirocin ointment for preventing Staphylococcus aureus infections in nasal carriers
– Organising health care services for persons with an intellectual disability
– Platinum versus non-platinum chemotherapy regimens for small cell lung cancer
– Procaine treatments for cognition and dementia
– Regular treatment with formoterol for chronic asthma: serious adverse events
– Rehabilitation after lumbar disc surgery
– St John’s wort for major depression
You can even subscribe. http://www.cochrane.org/podcasts/
Pilbara language dictionaries
Head off to Wangka Maya to obtain free, interactive and downloadable dictionaries for the following Pilbara language dictionaries: Bayungu, Burduna, Jiwarli, Martu Wangka, Nyamal, Nyangumarta, Thalanyji, Warnman, and Yulparija (windows only).
If you like this post and what else you see on the blog please subscribe by RSS feed (the orange button) or by email. The email subscription is just under my profile picture. Or you can visit my subscription page.